Wednesday 6 October 2010

October Show and Tell challenge

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

There's a challenge on again from a group of librarians on Twitter. The October challenge is to explore digital story telling and video blogging — for more info in Restructuregirl’s blog post.

Here's my entry for week one. I decided to do Animoto as we had a presentation on that at our staff Library 2.0 day in July and it looked interesting. Then I saw an Animoto video done by BonitoClub which was a picture tour through Japan using some Flickr photos and Animoto.

So this is my first attempt using some of my bird photos taken in Australia and Bali. You need between 12 and 16 photos for this short video and you can pick the music from Animoto's selection.

Animoto allows you to make a short 30 second video with their free Animoto account. Anything more costs you only $30+ something a year. You can embed the code in your blog, as done here, or share it on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I haven't done any editing to this, but will play around more with Animoto maybe for next week's challenge.



3 comments:

Kim said...

wonderful... I love birds! Terrific photos

Anonymous said...

Yes, beautiful! Well done embedding your Animoto straight into your blog.

JayGee said...

thanks guys, I must admit I did not edit it, but will make that my next challenge!!